
This weekend Hubry and I left the Songbird in the capable hands of BMa and DadyO while we traveled an hour and a half away to the Appalachian foothills near Dahlonega, GA. We stayed a good five miles outside of the quaint town,

in the rolling hills, unspoiled by city lights. As we drove up to the Bed and Breakfast at 9:00 p.m., we were both amazed at the number of stars and scope of the sky. It was truly breathtaking, and if it hadn't been so nippy we would have been sorely tempted to sit outside our room and drink it all in. Instead, we settled for sipping tea and hot cocoa and eating delicious oatmeal/chocolate/nut cookies. It was a warm welcome to a peaceful weekend of hiking to waterfalls, walking around town, and simply enjoying the rarity of slow meals together. We had time to pray and reflect about the little one we expect in two short months (though we still haven't been inspired by any particular name). I find myself, when I'm willing to cultivate, more in love with my husband every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment