I really hate mildew. I don't like how it grows on my shower curtain liner especially. When I go to clean it I have to take it down, scrub it, wash it, and then the stains are still there in all their ugliness. And... I feel like I have to do this every month, which just seems like entirely too often to have to deep clean a shower curtain liner. I don't remember cleaning them that often when I was growing up (mom, am I wrong about this?).
So, what do you do to keep your shower curtain liner mildew free? Do you have a daily spray you use that you like? Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I am always looking for ways to eliminate unnecessary jobs!
P.S. - I'm not a big fan of bleach, so that throws a loophole in the situation. And, I always purchase the liners that claim to be "mildew-resistant."
4 comments:
When we had a shower curtain in CA, I eventually bought a washable curtain that I could throw in the laundry whenever it started getting gross. Saved me tons of time trying to scrub it :)
buy the $2 liner and replace it fairly often...not so environmentally friendly though
Throw that plastic liner right in the wash on cold with some vinegar and your set to go...just don't put it in the dryer...line dry outside on a sunny day...that should cover it.
It seems like maybe you have a ventilation problem in the bathroom maybe try a fan or cracking a window while showering. I throw mine in a hot wash with a little oxi-clean about every 4 months and even then it doesn't have much mildew.
Post a Comment