Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday, March 14th Newport, RI

Monday morning we woke up in Atlanta at 4:45 and our friend Joya gave us a ride to the airport. We caught a 7:30 flight out, arrived to Boston at 10:00, and took a bus to the train station where Hubry and I parted company. He went on in to Boston where he was to research all day, and I took an hourish train to Newport, RI where I spent the afternoon with my friend Abby (who recently moved from Athens). It was a whirlwind of a visit, but totally worth visiting with her, seeing her sweet boys, and stopping by her house. Now when we talk I can picture where she is.

We started out having lunch together at a delicious restaurant, and her boys did an amazing job. We had to have been there over an hour, and they sat politely and kept themselves occupied the whole. I was very impressed, as it might have looked a little different if we were out with my super active children. :)


After lunch we went on a tour of Ocean Front Drive where all the mansions are located. It was such a beautiful drive, and once the weather warms up you can actually buy a Mansion pass to tour all the mansions.


We actually got out and walked around at The Breakers - which I believe is the largest of the Mansions. We didn't go inside, but enjoyed peeking at things.




We made a quick ice cream stop, then drove over to Abby's house at the base. We could only stay for a few minutes as I had to catch the train back at 5:00, but it was so good to see her new home and picture where she lives. I am sooo glad I could make the trip, and my only wish is that I could have stayed longer!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved seeing you friend! Thanks for the pictures.

Lindsey G said...

Love this :)

ASR said...

Waiting for these posts! Looks like you had a delightful time! I would love to hear more about it all sometime.

Ellen said...

oh i'm so glad you got to see abby! all the pictures are so good. thankful you were able to go!