Tuesday, September 13, 2011

One Dress-Up Skirt...

Two Baby Doll Dresses
and
One Super Creative Songbird

Yesterday Songbird came to me with her pink dress-up skirt in hand and said, "Mama, I wish I could cut sleeves in this skirt so my baby doll could wear it as a dress." I was afraid she would regret this move the next day (seeing how she wears the skirt quite often), so I counseled her to wait a day and see if she still thought it'd be a good idea.

Well... this morning she came into my room with the skirt in hand and said, "I'm ready to make a dress for the baby doll." I sat down with her and asked what she was thinking, how we would do it, etc. And this is the end result...



I have to admit that I was skeptical about her plan, though it worked out beautifully. And there was even enough fabric to make two baby doll dresses. What a creative idea.

It reminds me that the other day a storm was coming and the wind was blowing quite hard out our French doors. Songbird, staring out the window, said, "Mama, the leaves are fighting with each other." Then she looked over at me, as if to interpret her own creativity for the common man, and said, "That's another way of saying it's windy outside." Ha!

3 comments:

Ellen said...

she is already a deep thinker like her parents. such a sweetie too!

Linda said...

Good job Mama!

Becca said...

Wow, those are so cute!!