Though next to your Papa's they are the most amazing
coffee shade of brown I have ever known.
It is not because you are so secure and confident
in your one-and-a-half years (we both know that you entered this world
suspicious of every touch, smell, sound, change).
It is not because you giggle when I tart my lips,
Or clap when I song my words,
Or kiss when I tear my eyes.
I love you so much because God
in His infinite mercy,
knit you together, placed you in my womb,
and said, "This is my child whom I have given you to care for.
Love her perfectly - as I have loved you. Lay down your life for her.
Sacrifice your desires, that she may know that I am God,
and may glorify me forever."
So no matter how hard the day may seem,
How many times you break my words
and cling to my hips for rescue from this confusing world,
No matter when you are sick and sleep is rare,
or shy and days are solitary, or needy and life is exhausting...
I love you so much
because God...
1 comment:
Kelly,
You are a beautiful writer, a godly woman, and an amazing mother. I am honored to know you and be your friend.
Post a Comment