Because it is easy to forget, dear children, I will write it down for you, so we can look back together one day and remember God's goodness.
After almost a week of preparing, packing, cleaning, and collecting, we set out as a family - Papa, Mama, two small children and one very brave GranJan to conquer the plane, rental cars, buses, trains, taxis, and ferries of Seattle and Portland. The first in line - the plane - was the most anticipated. Up until we reached our very seats it was talked about with laughter and excitement - "we're going on a plane - up in the sky - yeah, yeah, yeah!" I do not know what fell apart when we reached our seats, but Songbird nearly passed out from her anxiety attack which included tears, screams, demands, and physically being held down by two adults. We are very thankful that this little episode lasted only 15 minutes or so, and for some reason that I accredit to prayer alone, was quieted as soon as the plane began moving. Songbird, very self-aware, stopped panicking, smiled, and announced "We're moving. Look, we're on a plane. I'm not sad anymore. I am happy." Needless to say, the entire back portion of the plane let out a unanimous sigh of relief. 15 minutes is bearable - 5 1/2 hours would be torture!
Other than that little incidence, the kids did a great job traveling. We didn't get to Uncle J and Aunt D's house until after midnight Eastern time, but the kids adjusted fine and pretty much went right to bed and slept until morning. The transition was made easy by the extreme generosity and heartfelt hospitality exhibited to us by Hubry's Aunt and Uncle...
2 comments:
Good to have you back, Kelly! Looking forward to hearing more about your adventure... :)
We had some moments like that, too. And I can totally see how an airplane could be unnerving from a two year old perspective. But I'm really impressed that that was the only traveling misadventure you had.
Welcome home!!!!
Post a Comment