Random thoughts. Because I am sleepy, yet want to reflect and remember... I miss running. Exercising in general, really. We've been trying to go to the pool at least twice a week, and hubry plays with the kids for a while so I can swim some laps. I usually aim for 16-20 laps - enough to make me feel like I've used my body, but not too much to wear me out. Even walking seems extremely difficult these days. This is a big difference from past pregnancies. With Songbird and Bro I was comfortably walking several miles a day the week they were both born. These days I feel like 1/2 mile is all I can handle. I don't know if it's just the heat and experience of a Summer pregnancy, but each of my legs feel like they weigh 100 pounds. But, I live on a college campus where I see fit bodies (almost naked at times) running to and fro on a regular basis. I watch them go and have this urge to jump out there with them - though with more clothes on and less belly weighing me down. :)
I am to the final weeks of this pregnancy, and with two super active children I have realized that there simply hasn't been as much time to reflect on this new baby. We've been so excited about her life, and we talk about her often, but it is definitely in the midst of a full life. I am hoping to simplify my mind and activities over the next days so I can have some more time to reflect and bond.
Today at the midwife I found out I was GPS positive - which is such a bummer to me. I know it's not a big deal, but it definitely changes things a bit for our hospital experience. The midwife told me that I shouldn't do anything differently - still come to the hospital when I want, and they will do their best to get the two rounds of antibiotics in my system. If I don't make it in time, then it's up to the pediatrician to treat the baby as he/ she sees fit. For sure the baby will have to stay in the hospital for at least 48 hours (instead of being able to leave after 24 which is definitely what I prefer), and she will most likely be taken away at some point to have blood work done. Of course this is all to be on the safe side and make sure the little one is safe and healthy, but it definitely adds a layer of complication to everything. It was such a blessing to not have to worry about it with BRO - especially since we only had 7 minutes at the hospital before he was born!
Anyway, just under three weeks until the due date. Due dates always crack me up. I mean, what does it mean? They should give women a due window - maybe around a three week window of expectancy. Every time I go to the midwife somewhere in the back of my head I want her to tell me - OK, you're baby looks like it will come on August 6th, or whatever day it may be. Then I would smile and leave her office with a sense of freedom and peace. But God has better, more exciting plans in store for women and childbirth. I guess if we knew the exactness of things it might make us trust Him less. So for now, and in these three weeks, I am praying for peace, stillness, trust, and great anticipation. I can't wait for the amazing unveiling. Now...if we could only come up with a name!!!
4 comments:
what a wonderful time you are in! I loved that waiting game..it was so exciting and fun to not know the moment of arrival:) I will be praying for the birth and everything to go the way of health for baby oakie :)
it is SO hot kelly! summer pregnancies are no joke. i remember feeling so anxious about gbs and miles too and we stayed an extra night in the hospital. i sent adam home though and it was actually really sweet time for me and miles and we slept more there than we probably would have at home. praying for you as the anticipation builds! it is so soon...give mary laurel a rub for me (jk).
Exciting! I know the suspense for us is nothing compared to what it is for you, but I can't wait to hear the name too ; )
Also, for what it's worth -- yes, the summer makes everything harder, especially in pregnancy. But for me it just seemed more that my body had a harder time with that third one -- never sure if it was due to having 2 kids already around, or just my body being tired out from over two years of hormones and stretching. Leaving me constantly amazed at my friends who do it 4, 5, 6, even 7 times!
Don't stray far from that hospital ; )
Wish I was there to see you! Thinking about you frequently, friend :)
Post a Comment