Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Quotes

Little Songbird is just a tad bit on the hyperbolic side of the spectrum, and we've been working on avoiding comparisons when we give compliments. For example, she might say, "You're the loveliest lovely in the whole wide world." In response I might encourage her to say, "You are lovely." One day she was feeling cold, but instead of saying, "I'm cold" she said, "It's so cold I'm never going to go outside again until Spring!" I could go on and on (and so could she)... Anyway, this morning in the car we were driving to Bible Study when she said, "Mama, I love everything you've ever made for me." Then there was a brief pause, and under her breath she quickly remembered last night's dinner (which wasn't my favorite either), and added "except for milky pasta." I laughed out loud, as I had made a spaghetti dish last night with a white sauce that truly did resemble milky pasta. :)

We spent this past weekend in Chattanooga, and on the way home we made a lunch stop in Atlanta. The kids and I were sitting in the car while Hubry ran into REI to make a quick exchange. They were eating their lunch in the back seat, and I was nursing Raindrop in the front. Bro decided it was the perfect time for a solo that involved loud vocal tones combined with sporadic banging noises. I said in a loud hush (if that's possible), "shhhhhhhhhh!" He asked me, "Why did you say, shhhhhhhh?" Songbird answered, "Because Mama is giving nurse to the baby and she doesn't want you to stract her. Stract means keeping the baby from eating well."

Loved it!!!

No comments: