Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter

Easter weekend this year was a true reflection of Christ's work on the cross. It always is, but this year seemed more poignant. Our sweet neighbors lost their almost three year-old to leukemia earlier in the week, and the Memorial Service was sandwiched between Good Friday and Easter Sunday. Our church has a Good Friday service that ends in darkness and reflection, and everyone is to leave the sanctuary in silence (unless you have small children, of course, and then they are most likely asking you all kinds of questions about what that loud banging sound was and why it got so dark and why nobody was talking...)

The next morning we woke up and headed over to the Memorial service - a true testimony of a strong God who is good and making all things new... one day. If you want to be encouraged by a Godly woman who has been fighting alongside her daughter for over 2 years now, you should check out "The Needham's" blog on my sidebar. Susannah speaks of her struggles so openly and eloquently - and all unto the Glory of God.

The next morning was Easter, and it was full of rising, singing, joy - pictures pointing to new birth all around. One such picture is Songbird's heart. This past week she decided she wanted to "be a Christian." So in the car after our haircuts, she prayed, "Lord, please help me to repent, and give me a new heart like your own so I can love you and others." It was something along those lines, and Oh how I wish I could have written it down right away. But it has been a process of opening - praying more things day by day.

Today on the way to Bible Study I had two extras in the car with me - George Wilder and Amelia. Amelia has also been praying to know Jesus personally. Amelia leaned over to Songbird and asked, "Do you want to be a Christian?" Songbird replied, "I already am a Christian." Amelia asked how she became a Christian and Songbird said, "I prayed to Jesus about it." Amelia smiled broadly and in a louder voice said, "Mrs. Kelly, I prayed that, too!." There was much rejoicing in the car, and we talked about communion and baptism. Tonight before bed Bro said, "Mama, hey Mama, I haven't been baptized yet. I need to be baptized." Such a beautiful thing to see the kids and their friends lighting up (not talking about cigarettes here) :).

Finally, a few snapshots of the fam..

1 comment:

Ellen said...

so precious sweet songbird! i know the Lord loves tender childlike faith in Him. such a blessing for you to be a part of it too kel!