A bedtime conversation.
Songbird: I want to be a ballerina, and I want to color.
Papa: You want to be an artist?
S: Like Beema. When I grow up.
P: Right, like Beema.
S: That's funny to be two things.
P: You can be lots of things when you grow up. Think about mama. She's a teacher, an artist, she does crafts, she's a photographer, she takes pictures, she's a cook, she makes lots of delicious things, she's a mama, and she's a wife.
S: I want to be a ballerina, and an artist.
P: You can do that.
S: I want to teach people how to color, and teach people how to dance, and teach people how to make crafts
P: Do you want to teach people how to grow flowers?
S: Yes. I want to teach people how not to be scared of caterpillars.
P: Oh?
S: I'm not afraid of caterpillars, but some of my friends at school are, like Gabby Wiley.
P: Gabby Wiley is afraid of caterpillars?
S: Yeah, but they don't hurt you.
P: No
S: I want to teach people how to be ballerinas, teach people how to draw and make crafts, teach people how to plant flowers, teach people how to not be scared of caterpillars, teach people how to write stories, and teach people to obey God.
P: That's beautiful, Songbird.
S: When I'm a Christian I can teach people to obey God. Like Amelia, she prayed to become a Christian. And I'm already a Christian.
P: That's right. Pastor Don wants to talk with you soon.
S: At church. Good night, Papa!
P: Goodnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment