We have lived in Graduate Family Housing for almost 1 year now. We love the international community we live amongst, and we love all of the shared green spaces. Around the corner and down the hill is one such shared space - the playground. Since we have been here, the sandbox has looked emptier and emptier, with old sand mixed into dirt, plastic, trash, etc. It is not the best place for toddler hands to explore, and yet the sandbox always tends to be one of the main attractions of a playground.
To our surprise, after numerous work orders and requests for the sand to be replenished, the sandbox has been refilled with fresh, beautiful, white sand. Even though I have lived here almost a year, since having fresh sand in the past three days, I have met many new faces, and reconnected with familiar faces. Do not underestimate the power of fresh, clean sand when considering how to build a community, for the sand will bring them out!
Pictures to come...
1 comment:
Awww! I always loved the sandbox too... Our chameleon loves sand when she's laying eggs... Like a little bit of the beach.
Post a Comment