I am still pregnant, and actually thankful the baby hasn't come yet. Last Thursday I came down with a cold, and it is still going strong almost a week later. Last Friday night, after Songbird started acting lethargic and feeling warmer and warmer, I finally took her temperature and found her to be around 103 degrees. She had no other symptoms at that point, but we assumed she was catching my cold. The next day brought her congestion, cough - the works, and now she also is still battling her cold. Many nights we have made a little chorus - she and I. Cough, cough...cough, cough cough...
Two days ago I thought I was almost over it. Today I feel like it is starting all over again, as swallowing has become so uncomfortable to me. But I am more sad for the Songbird, because there is so little comfort I can offer her. At least I can drink my hot tea and suck on my honey cough drops. We do try to have her drink tea as well, but she isn't super interested.
So I've been thinking, maybe the little one to come has an intuition about all our germs and is trying to hang out inside a little longer. At this point, my contractions grow stronger every day, and I have regular stretches of time every day where they are easily 4-8 minutes apart. But alas, aside from being dilated almost 6 cm. and fully effaced, they are not yet bringing forth our new little bud. We are anticipating, though, when I finally feel some pains (associated with labor and not the cold), the baby will likely come quickly.
My official due date is Sunday, April 26th, for whatever it's worth.
This is to remind me of the Songbird before she came down with the cold - so exuberant and full of life!
2 comments:
I was thinking about you a lot today, wondering how your week was going--and whether you were still pregnant. :-)
Hope you all feel better soon. Call if you need anything!!
Praying for you guys!
Post a Comment