Ellen tagged me to write about 6 things I really enjoy or that make me happy, but are otherwise unessential. The list could be different everyday, but today these are the first 6 that popped into my head.
1. Latte Ghiaccio - The 2-Story Coffee house in 5 Points makes this incredibly delicious frozen latte drink - complete with whipped cream. It is so icy-smooth and perfect on a 100 degree Athens, GA day. Definitely not a necessity, but a joy to drink!
2. Fall. Thinking about 100 degree weather in Athens, GA just makes me crave the cool, dry air of Autumn. I missed 2 Autumns in a row when we lived in Honduras, and though we loved the River Valley, there was definitely a void when October rolled around and it was still hot and the leaves were unchanged.
3. Sweet, soft baby kisses on my chin. Every day I think to myself, "This is definitely a gift!"
4. I agree about the old houses. I love old houses, old hardwood floors, old wedding rings, furniture, etc. They just don't make things the way they used to!
5. Fresh herbs. This weekend we ate a lot of fresh whole wheat bread drizzled with olive oil and topped with local tomatoes, basil, and fresh mozzarella cheese. Yum!
6. Dusk. Hubry kindly lubed my bike this weekend and I was able to enjoy two solitary bike rides through the woods at dusk. Very fun!
3 comments:
thanks for playing:) i enjoy all the things you listed too...six is really not enough. enjoyed talking with you today!
Oh fun! What a lovely list.
I love the 2-story coffeehouse, it's become our favorite coffee place--and it has some nice toys that keep the kids entertained, too. I'll have to try their iced drinks now that it's so hot.
I'm not a mom, but it seems like sweet, soft baby kisses are a necessary pleasure. It makes sense to me that God wouldn't give moms something that precious without a reason. Maybe He wants to tie your heart to hers even more tightly. "Many waters cannot quench love," after all. Maybe He's increasing your love for your baby so you know a bit more of His love for you.
Post a Comment