Chocolate is something I love. If I don't have it I will continue being sustained and nurtured, but I will miss out on the deep satisfaction that comes from fermented, roasted, and sweetened Cacao seeds.
The absence of things we love don't cause death, but the presence brings a depth of emotion unlike any other. Deep calls to deep...
Then there is water - something I like, but not necessarily up there on the list of things that make me teary-eyed. But living too long without it leads to death.
Following Jesus is like water... Turning and walking away leads to death. It is like chocolate, too. Keeping in step promises fullness of grace and depth of joy.
3 comments:
beautifully put!
i love this post ;) thank you for the depth..it makes me feel smart when i read words like "The absence of things we love don't cause death, but the presence brings a depth of emotion unlike any other. Deep calls to deep..." It makes me feel like i am eating whole wheat as opposed to white bread :) love it! Yet, so short that I could read it amidst the chaos of my day! thanks!
what a simple, profound reminder. Thanks Kelly!
Post a Comment