Monday, April 25, 2011

two.






Dear Bro,

I had so much fun looking back through pictures of your life. You have changed from my darkish-haired bouncing baby boy into a tow-headed toddler. When you were born we blessed you and prayed that you would always rest secure between the Lord's shoulders. As Deuteronomy 33:12 says, "About Benjamin he said: “Let the beloved of the LORD rest secure in him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the LORD loves rests between his shoulders.” At the time, we had this picture of you hanging onto the Lord's back being carried about through life - content. So far, I have seen this blessing come true in your life in many ways.

You are, for someone so strong-willed, opinionated, and independent, such an easy-going kid. You are easily turned back on track and have a general trust that life is good, people are friendly, and things will go well for you. You are full of joy and wonder, and have such a sweet affection. I have been enjoying our special pre-bed moments when we rock and sing together, and especially love the way you look at me with your deep-brown eyes and softly say, "I luv boo."

You are small in stature for your age, but so big in personality. You are strong, extremely agile, and sure-footed. And... today you went and peed on the potty all by yourself. When I came back in the room you stood up all agrin and with great exuberance you said, "Look Mama! I pee-peeded on the potty!" I couldn't believe it, as you've only been pooping so far. But it's another picture of how fast you are growing up. I want to sweep you in my arms and rock-rock / pat-pat before you grow up into a grown man.

You are such a gift and a blessing, son of our right-hand. May the Lord continue to bless your little life, and may you always cling to his shoulders...

3 comments:

Lindsey G said...

Like. :)

Ellen said...

beautiful! it was so good to be with you yesterday. thank you for your warm welcoming love of me and the kiddos. love you!

ASR said...

I near about cried a few times reading this! love the pictures and love how you bless your children through scripture. He is one blessed little buddy!