The short of it:
After 6 interviews and 5 "no's," Hubry received an invitation Wednesday evening for an on-campus interview - next Tuesday and Wednesday.
His area of expertise seems to be pretty competitive, and there really just aren't very many environmental history positions opening up. And when they do, you could have up to 300 people competing for one job - several of whom already have tenure track position elsewhere. But is has been a good season for us to be faithful in prayer, and to remember the steps that have led us to this point. For the past 5 years, Hubry has been doing such excellent work, and I have no doubt that this is the right field for him. He loves research and writing, and in a few short months will be defending his dissertation - which will likely be a book around 300 pages or so. That just blows my mind, but for him he truly feels God's pleasure as he creates beautiful phrases and stories... So that is the bite - an interview that will take place mid-week. I am praying that Hubry would be fully Tom. :)
Now for the bug...
Yesterday I was feeling great all day, then around 5:00pm I felt exhausted. I took a nap, woke up to eat dinner, nursed the baby, and went back to sleep. By 9 or 10 I was having intense stomach cramps, and then I thought, "Oh dear, I've caught the bug." Not the best timing, but friends are watching the older two, and I just drank some homemade gatorade (thanks Katy) that Hubry made for me. I definitely think the worst of it is over, but am going back to bed as soon as the baby goes to sleep...
3 comments:
Hi Kelly! I stumbled on your blog through another Covenant-er, and have been so blessed by your thoughtful and sweet writings on motherhood, in particular. Anyway, just wanted to say hello, and wish Tom good luck. My husband went through the same thing (last year) and it was TOUGH. We will be sending happy thoughts and prayers your way!
sweet kel! so sorry you have been sick...no fun at all. you know we will be praying for tom and for you to be fully recovered by then!
Hope you're feeling better! And praying for the interview.
Post a Comment