Monday, March 26, 2012

Accidentally

I ran 5.2 miles last night....accidentally. I left the house at 7:50 pm thinking I would do a quick jaunt to the end of the street and back (about 2 miles). But when I got to the end of the street I felt like I just started running, so I decided to take a right and run a bit longer loop. The bit longer loop kept going and going, and I realized around mile 3 that I still had a long way to go before I got back to the house. Unfortunately, by that point it was getting quite dark, and the sparsely placed street lights on the opposite side of the street were not helping much. By then I was committed, and there was nothing to do but keep running.

I got back to the house at a dark 8:37. Then I looked up my route on google maps (as it was all on the street) and was shocked to see how far I had just run. Then I went to take a nice warm bath, as my knees and legs felt wobbly :)

On another not, Raindrop is cutting her very first tooth! The bottom middle left..

1 comment:

Becca said...

Wow, you are a rock star! That's one way to run 5 miles! :)