Monday, January 12, 2009

A Sandy Christmas: Edisto Beach, SC (Part One)






The Sunday before Christmas, after stuffing our car full of everything we might possibly need for one toddler and 5 days at the beach, we left Athens on a 5-hour trip to Edisto Beach, SC. As soon as we headed out, I thought to myself, "what are we going to do when baby # 2 gets here? Where will we possibly put all of our things?" And yet people do it in smaller cars than ours with more kids. But I digress...

The trip was pleasant - mostly back country roads that skirt in and out of quaint towns. Hubry and I talked about how we'd love to take a picture of all the churches with their elaborate two and three-line titles. But we didn't take a picture, and I don't remember any specific names off the top of my head (though I'm sure hubry has them all memorized).

We arrived at the beach around 4:00 on Sunday afternoon, and after unpacking our car (which goes surprisingly fast compared to the packing) we quickly headed out to the shore to let Songbird run around, explore the sand, and marvel at the vast ocean. We watched a breathtaking sunset together, and then hubry declred that he was going to look for a shark's tooth. About two minutes after his declaration, his silly grin told of his success - one tiny, black treasure. It was the only shark's tooth any of us were to find the entire week...

No comments: